Whether you’re reading this at the start of the year or towards the end, no doubt you’ve landed here because you want to use 2020 as a year to unlock your home’s potential. If so, you’ve come to the right place!
It’s easy to get into a rut with your home. To accept it’s flaws, the inconveniences, and to shrug them away as something you’re stuck with. Perhaps you think moving is the only way forward. In 2020, we want to challenge this way of thinking and get more homeowners geared up to take control.
If you’re looking to breath new life into your space, consider these five 2020 resolutions for your home…
Put yourself first
Are you guilty of designing a home for someone else, namely an imagined future buyer?
While it’s wise to have an eye towards the future, the prospect of selling your home shouldn’t be the sole focus of the design. This might sound obvious but we’ve found many people prioritising the imagined needs of another family, even when they themselves have no intention of selling in the near future.
If this sounds like you, use 2020 to rethink your home. How do you and your family use it? Do you actually use the dining room? Is your breakfast bar more countertop than social spot?
In talking to our customers, our designers often have them consider these key questions…
- Which room is most often in use?
- Do you or someone in your home enjoy any hobbies? If so, what space is required?
- Is storage an issue in your home?
- Do you feel like you’re making the most of your outdoor space?
- Do you have enough natural light?
- Do you have young children? If so, does your home make parenting easier or harder?
- What area of your home do you consider most neglected?
- If money wasn’t an issue, what would be your dream project?